AMX announces bunch of news today, here is a quick list below starting with new products
- Solecis switchers products are noe avalaible for sale. It includes computer/Video/S-Video switchers, and computer signal distributors. We’ll just notice that it’s only RS-323 controllable, not native ICSNet or AXLink control !
- First pack in Signage range of products: Inspired-2-Go Education Prepak designed for public information in school environment with ease of integration of web contents and live feeds.
- New ViewPoint MVP-5100 et MVP-5150, we previously spoke about here, are now in stock, ready for shipping.
- Octaire line of video switchers are also avalaible. With 72 different models, it allows management of 64 maximum different zones. It can be controlled through RS-232, but also IP and are Device Discovery (DDP) compatible. It includes redondant power supply and are HDTV compatible.
- New litterature or updated ones are avalaible with all new Cedia products. Direct links: Touch Panels, Keypads, Pocket Guide, Residential AMXhome and HomeManager.
- Meridian is new manufacturer joining Device Discovery (DDP) program with its last CD/DVD player, G95, DDP compatible.
- AMX has been awarded price of 2008′s year Consumer Installation by magazine AV Interactive in England. Awarded installation includes AMX automation products, Digital Signage products and switchers.
- Showroom and Training Room Grand Opening in London with few pictures. We talked about it previously here.
- We learn that Guillaume Le Royer is now manager in charge of France, Belgium and Africa for AMX.
And that’s it for today
Good news for all our friends AMX dealers in UK, and also french people passing away in british capital, AMX opens offices in London, with a complete training facility and showroom focused both at dealers, but also manufacturers to showcase benefits of integration with AMX products. Some open days are already planned between November 12th and 14th. It happens at sixth floor of Salisbury House at London Wall.
Here we are at CEDIA 2008 with all its new products at AMX booth. A quick presentation of these new products we’ll soon discover in new catalogs and on sale:
- Evolution of ViewPoint 5200i with two cheapest versions: ViewPoint 5100 without WiFi, only direct IR (8 ports avalaible + 1 port 38/455Khz for IR communication with controller), and ViewPoint 5150 that includes also IR ports but WiFi also. but why are these panels cheapest ? pretty simple they lost these functions compared with 5200i model: no micro, neither loudspeakers, just a snoozer, battery less powerful, no Dynamo (dynamic pictures), no VoIP, no MP3/WAV player, no external buttons neither stylus. Avalaible in one month for these two new panels.
- New VoIP panel with NXD-500i that is nearly NXD-CV5 but with full-duplex micro/loudspeaker for intercom and also interface for VoIP gateway from AMX and also interface with Metreau door keypads but also directly between VoIP compatible AMX panels. It’s also first PoE panel offered by AMX. Avalaible in 90 days.
- Publication of a new interface for iPhone, it’s very fashion in that time. New product offered by AMX is just a mimic of a virtual keypad. Everything is done directly from NetLinx program (NDT-VKP). Avalaible now.
- New models offered in Communications EXPerience kit with versions including Metreau keypads and/or AMX VoIP gateway, such as for example the EXP-5031i kit including one NXD-500i panel, one NI-3101 controller, one Metreau Keypad with display MET-ECOM-SS, one SIP gateway CSG-500 and power supply, câbles, and PoE injection block needed. Avalaible in 90 days.
- New thermostat avalaible (ENV-VST-C, on AXLink for info) with 3.5″ color display, with weather on 5 days displayed, seven days program, compliant with norm EnergyStar. Outside can be painted and it manages one outside and one inside sensor. Already shipping.
That’s all for that quick visit of AMX news at 2008 CEDIA.