This article is not avalaible in english as it concerns a french forum only.
That article applies only to french market, thanks for your understanding !
At least we are back, after quite a while without news Sorry for that but now we’ll post regularly some news about Automation world, and also tricks about use and programmation. First important news for 2010 is the big return of AMX, at least in France. After few years of desert cross with no communication, no news, problems for everything, it looks AMX is on way of deep changes !
Marketing and sales are now managed by new people. Catherine Berriat in charge of France for last years is no more part of company, and it’s now managed by Guillaume Le Royer and Philippe Fournier. We had opportunities to talk with them and it looks very promising for next months with very important changes to get AMX back on business here in France. It’s definitively the good time to get back in business with them.
All the more, it’ll be good for development of market to get at least a real competitor back in front of Crestron, that was pretty quiet on French market during these past years !
AMX announces bunch of news today, here is a quick list below starting with new products
- Solecis switchers products are noe avalaible for sale. It includes computer/Video/S-Video switchers, and computer signal distributors. We’ll just notice that it’s only RS-323 controllable, not native ICSNet or AXLink control !
- First pack in Signage range of products: Inspired-2-Go Education Prepak designed for public information in school environment with ease of integration of web contents and live feeds.
- New ViewPoint MVP-5100 et MVP-5150, we previously spoke about here, are now in stock, ready for shipping.
- Octaire line of video switchers are also avalaible. With 72 different models, it allows management of 64 maximum different zones. It can be controlled through RS-232, but also IP and are Device Discovery (DDP) compatible. It includes redondant power supply and are HDTV compatible.
- New litterature or updated ones are avalaible with all new Cedia products. Direct links: Touch Panels, Keypads, Pocket Guide, Residential AMXhome and HomeManager.
- Meridian is new manufacturer joining Device Discovery (DDP) program with its last CD/DVD player, G95, DDP compatible.
- AMX has been awarded price of 2008′s year Consumer Installation by magazine AV Interactive in England. Awarded installation includes AMX automation products, Digital Signage products and switchers.
- Showroom and Training Room Grand Opening in London with few pictures. We talked about it previously here.
- We learn that Guillaume Le Royer is now manager in charge of France, Belgium and Africa for AMX.
And that’s it for today
JVC is last new manufacturer that just joined Device Discovery Protocol program from AMX. As of now, professional surveillance IP cameras from JVC VN-V686U are now automatically managed and controled by NetLinx systems. Control of these cameras from NXP-PLV interface is easy and intuitive. Both camera and AMX module are already avalaible.
We are currently developping little softwares to work with your AMX and Crestron systems. We’ll start with debugging softwares for use on site, and then after some user programs for control of your automation systems.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we have something to test that works a minimum. Don’t forget to let us know if you are an AMX, a Crestron or both systems fan.
See you soon
Good news for all our friends AMX dealers in UK, and also french people passing away in british capital, AMX opens offices in London, with a complete training facility and showroom focused both at dealers, but also manufacturers to showcase benefits of integration with AMX products. Some open days are already planned between November 12th and 14th. It happens at sixth floor of Salisbury House at London Wall.