Here we are at CEDIA 2008 with all its new products at AMX booth. A quick presentation of these new products we’ll soon discover in new catalogs and on sale:
- Evolution of ViewPoint 5200i with two cheapest versions: ViewPoint 5100 without WiFi, only direct IR (8 ports avalaible + 1 port 38/455Khz for IR communication with controller), and ViewPoint 5150 that includes also IR ports but WiFi also. but why are these panels cheapest ? pretty simple they lost these functions compared with 5200i model: no micro, neither loudspeakers, just a snoozer, battery less powerful, no Dynamo (dynamic pictures), no VoIP, no MP3/WAV player, no external buttons neither stylus. Avalaible in one month for these two new panels.
- New VoIP panel with NXD-500i that is nearly NXD-CV5 but with full-duplex micro/loudspeaker for intercom and also interface for VoIP gateway from AMX and also interface with Metreau door keypads but also directly between VoIP compatible AMX panels. It’s also first PoE panel offered by AMX. Avalaible in 90 days.
- Publication of a new interface for iPhone, it’s very fashion in that time. New product offered by AMX is just a mimic of a virtual keypad. Everything is done directly from NetLinx program (NDT-VKP). Avalaible now.
- New models offered in Communications EXPerience kit with versions including Metreau keypads and/or AMX VoIP gateway, such as for example the EXP-5031i kit including one NXD-500i panel, one NI-3101 controller, one Metreau Keypad with display MET-ECOM-SS, one SIP gateway CSG-500 and power supply, câbles, and PoE injection block needed. Avalaible in 90 days.
- New thermostat avalaible (ENV-VST-C, on AXLink for info) with 3.5″ color display, with weather on 5 days displayed, seven days program, compliant with norm EnergyStar. Outside can be painted and it manages one outside and one inside sensor. Already shipping.
That’s all for that quick visit of AMX news at 2008 CEDIA.