CommandFusion, australian company, just announced today official release of version 1.01 of their program iViewer on Apple AppStore ! That program, designed for iPhone and iPod Touch, allows to get functions of touch panel such as AMX or Crestron ones directly in Apple product. But it can also connect at any automation system able to manage TCP/IP connection as program communicates through a public protocol.
It’s able to manage orientation of iPhone for specific behaviours, and guiDesigner program is used to create pages downloaded in iPhone.
Program sold around $US85 directly on CommandFusion website to get an activation key to unlock software to get full functions.
For sure, as usual in the past with Crestron, we get a nice range of new products presented, here is a brief story on each of them:
- For sure we won’t speak again about wonderful TPS-6X with its receiver CEN-HPRFGW which I had already well presented before summer (check here that article).
- As few of you have suddenly discovered, AAS products have suddenly disappeared from catalog. It looks CEN-ISERVER would be a replacement :/ But it looks to me a very strange choice from Crestron to use an iPod that is definitively mono-zone product in an audio server. It means as much iPods and CEN-ISERVER than audio zones you need ! I’m not convinced for now with that product as solutions such as SlimServer work lot better with unlimited zones and allow stream of protected music. Nevertheless, iPod dock changes to manage now video from iPod, CEN-IDOCV, with iTunes synchronisation through Ethernet, et now dock is PoE compliant.
- Avalaibility of Flash SDK to develop your own interface with popular language: Flash from Adobe (read my previous article about it).
- For sure as everyone Crestron presents its own iPhone native interface, which looks nice but none demo avalaible. Product will be probably avalaible at end of year, not before !
- A big surprise is announcement of a new Adagio Box: ADMS which combines best of Adagio products with media streaming and storage such as Kaleidescape servers. It includes either a DVD player with 500Go on disk storage in ADMS, or Blue-Ray player with 1To storage in ADMS-BR). It handles also rent and buy online system of Amazon Unbox and Media Store but avalaible only in US. It’s able to manage till 5 DVD/Blue-Ray 200 discs changers (ADC-200BR), which allows also to copy content to internal hard-drive of Adagio that can be extended with optional external 4To storage CEN-NAS-4TB. Storage is in RAID to avoid any loss of data. Adagio server includes one main zone and two auxiliary audio zones.
- To allow display of any composite video signal, such as alarm cameras, entry door cameras, Crestron offers little box CEN-NVS100 that’ll stream your video signal to display on any panels compatible with MJPEG viewer.
- For other news, as I had already presented them earlier, please check my previous article where you’ll find all details.
And that’s it for shows that year, see you next year for other great news and products !
Here we are at CEDIA 2008 with all its new products at AMX booth. A quick presentation of these new products we’ll soon discover in new catalogs and on sale:
- Evolution of ViewPoint 5200i with two cheapest versions: ViewPoint 5100 without WiFi, only direct IR (8 ports avalaible + 1 port 38/455Khz for IR communication with controller), and ViewPoint 5150 that includes also IR ports but WiFi also. but why are these panels cheapest ? pretty simple they lost these functions compared with 5200i model: no micro, neither loudspeakers, just a snoozer, battery less powerful, no Dynamo (dynamic pictures), no VoIP, no MP3/WAV player, no external buttons neither stylus. Avalaible in one month for these two new panels.
- New VoIP panel with NXD-500i that is nearly NXD-CV5 but with full-duplex micro/loudspeaker for intercom and also interface for VoIP gateway from AMX and also interface with Metreau door keypads but also directly between VoIP compatible AMX panels. It’s also first PoE panel offered by AMX. Avalaible in 90 days.
- Publication of a new interface for iPhone, it’s very fashion in that time. New product offered by AMX is just a mimic of a virtual keypad. Everything is done directly from NetLinx program (NDT-VKP). Avalaible now.
- New models offered in Communications EXPerience kit with versions including Metreau keypads and/or AMX VoIP gateway, such as for example the EXP-5031i kit including one NXD-500i panel, one NI-3101 controller, one Metreau Keypad with display MET-ECOM-SS, one SIP gateway CSG-500 and power supply, câbles, and PoE injection block needed. Avalaible in 90 days.
- New thermostat avalaible (ENV-VST-C, on AXLink for info) with 3.5″ color display, with weather on 5 days displayed, seven days program, compliant with norm EnergyStar. Outside can be painted and it manages one outside and one inside sensor. Already shipping.
That’s all for that quick visit of AMX news at 2008 CEDIA.