This article is not avalaible in english as it concerns a french forum only.
Crestron releases a new touch panel in Isys range, large size one, TPS-17G-QM. It’s a 17″ panel in G-Series with double video display (one at RGB format and one at HDTV). As always it includes QuickMedia connectivity to allow easy interconnection with all other Crestron products, and also its connection with just one wire (length max 450 feet).
It’s compatible with “Touch-the-PC” application so you can control any PC directly from the touch panel.
Crestron announces avalaibility of a new lighting processor, IPAC (Integrated Professional Automation Computer), based on 2-Series technology. It’s a cheap solution to control light and audiovisual equipement.
Built for wall mounting, it includes relays, RS ports, sensors inputs, and Ethernet, Cresnet and Web server.
Upon delivery processor includes default program loaded in it customisable through front panel buttons and LCD display. It can manage maximum 210 loads, 16 keypads, 41 sensors and 100 calendar events.
It includes astronomical clock for automatic switch off/on at sunrise/sunset, or events at specific dates. Sensors allow also automatic management of lights depending of time and occupancy of rooms.
For ease of installation, module goes directly in “3 gangs” boxes.
Crestron announced record historic month for sales in all its history. Since 40 years that Crestron exists, December 2009 month represents best sales month. Crestron ended its last annual revenue with more than $400 Million. In same time electronic sales suffered important recession in USA, Crestron increased it sales more than 26% compared at one year ago.
Crestron grants that success in part at continous important rate of release of new products (70 new products in 2008, and more than 200 accessories).
We are currently developping little softwares to work with your AMX and Crestron systems. We’ll start with debugging softwares for use on site, and then after some user programs for control of your automation systems.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we have something to test that works a minimum. Don’t forget to let us know if you are an AMX, a Crestron or both systems fan.
See you soon
CommandFusion, australian company, just announced today official release of version 1.01 of their program iViewer on Apple AppStore ! That program, designed for iPhone and iPod Touch, allows to get functions of touch panel such as AMX or Crestron ones directly in Apple product. But it can also connect at any automation system able to manage TCP/IP connection as program communicates through a public protocol.
It’s able to manage orientation of iPhone for specific behaviours, and guiDesigner program is used to create pages downloaded in iPhone.
Program sold around $US85 directly on CommandFusion website to get an activation key to unlock software to get full functions.
For sure, as usual in the past with Crestron, we get a nice range of new products presented, here is a brief story on each of them:
- For sure we won’t speak again about wonderful TPS-6X with its receiver CEN-HPRFGW which I had already well presented before summer (check here that article).
- As few of you have suddenly discovered, AAS products have suddenly disappeared from catalog. It looks CEN-ISERVER would be a replacement :/ But it looks to me a very strange choice from Crestron to use an iPod that is definitively mono-zone product in an audio server. It means as much iPods and CEN-ISERVER than audio zones you need ! I’m not convinced for now with that product as solutions such as SlimServer work lot better with unlimited zones and allow stream of protected music. Nevertheless, iPod dock changes to manage now video from iPod, CEN-IDOCV, with iTunes synchronisation through Ethernet, et now dock is PoE compliant.
- Avalaibility of Flash SDK to develop your own interface with popular language: Flash from Adobe (read my previous article about it).
- For sure as everyone Crestron presents its own iPhone native interface, which looks nice but none demo avalaible. Product will be probably avalaible at end of year, not before !
- A big surprise is announcement of a new Adagio Box: ADMS which combines best of Adagio products with media streaming and storage such as Kaleidescape servers. It includes either a DVD player with 500Go on disk storage in ADMS, or Blue-Ray player with 1To storage in ADMS-BR). It handles also rent and buy online system of Amazon Unbox and Media Store but avalaible only in US. It’s able to manage till 5 DVD/Blue-Ray 200 discs changers (ADC-200BR), which allows also to copy content to internal hard-drive of Adagio that can be extended with optional external 4To storage CEN-NAS-4TB. Storage is in RAID to avoid any loss of data. Adagio server includes one main zone and two auxiliary audio zones.
- To allow display of any composite video signal, such as alarm cameras, entry door cameras, Crestron offers little box CEN-NVS100 that’ll stream your video signal to display on any panels compatible with MJPEG viewer.
- For other news, as I had already presented them earlier, please check my previous article where you’ll find all details.
And that’s it for shows that year, see you next year for other great news and products !